Find answers, get help Help & support

Common topics Explore our guides on moving premises

Our handy Help & Support hub gathers everything you need to know about managing your business energy in one place.

Check out some of our most popular articles.

Need more help?

If you still require assistance or would like to speak to a member of the team, please call us on 0161 837 3395.
Call centre currently closed

Common Questions Moving Premises FAQs

Our FAQs provide answers to commonly asked questions about who we are, what we do, our products, and how we work.

What is a deemed contract/rate?

A deemed contract is a contract imposed by law between SEFE Energy (or any other supplier) and a consumer when there is no existing contractual relationship.

This most often occurs when a new tenant moves into a property. In such circumstances, the customer is charged the deemed rate by the property’s existing gas or electricity supplier.

Deemed contract rates are generally higher than standard contract rates.

You can read more about deemed rates in our Help & Support section here.

Do I have to cancel a deemed contract?

A deemed contract lasts as long as you want it to. Your deemed contract supplier is obliged to continue supplying your gas and charging you for your gas consumption and associated charges until you take one of the following actions:

  • Sign a formal supply agreement with us. You can call us on 0161 837 3390 or email to request a quote.
  • Transfer the supply to an alternative supplier
  • Arrange for the supply to the site to be disconnected. Please note that we'll have to send you a monthly bill to cover your standing charge (unless you arrange for all supply cables to be completely removed).

You’ll need to continue paying the deemed rate until you move off this contract. But since deemed rates are pricier than other rates, we’d advise you to take one of the actions above and seek out a rate that your business can more realistically afford.

Why do I have to complete a form when moving in or out of a premises supplied by SEFE Energy?

You'll be asked to complete a COT form if you've moved, or are planning to move, in or out of a property supplied by SEFE Energy.

If you are moving out, we need the details in the form to process your final invoice and close your account.  If you are moving in, we need the details to accurately invoice you for any gas consumption and associated charges and to ensure you have an accurate, up-to-date account.

What happens if my commercial supply is transferred to become a domestic residence?

If a Change of Tenancy is processed from a commercial supply to a domestic residence, the new responsible party will be placed on deemed contract rates and would need to find a domestic supplier as soon as possible.

We are unable to offer a contract for domestic energy use. The new responsible party will be liable for all invoices produced for the period of time they are responsible for the supply.

Please ensure whoever you are requesting for the supply to be replaced with is able to handle the responsibility of the account. SEFE Energy can only discuss accounts with the names party.

opens in new window