Making a Complaint

Raising a complaint?

If you are dissatisfied and would like to raise a sign of dissatisfaction or complaint, please contact our customer relations team and provide as much information as possible. We will endeavour to rectify the issue on the first interaction

Where we aren’t able to provide a resolution on the first interaction your complaint will be acknowledged, and you will be provided with a unique reference number.

We aim to resolve your concerns within 14 days while providing a suitable resolution.

Resolving your complaint

Once a complaint has been raised our customer relations team will investigate your concerns and look to have the issues resolved as soon as possible. If our customer relations team cannot put things right straight away, we will further investigate the issues and endeavour to keep you informed throughout our investigation.

As part of the resolution, we may provide the following;

  • an explanation of the circumstances around your complaint,
  • a formal apology,
  • an offer of compensation.

If your complaint remains unsolved after 8 weeks, or you are unsatisfied with the resolution you can pass your complaint on to Energy Ombudsman.

Contact us

If you need to get in touch at any point, please use the below option:

Citizens Advice consumer service

The Citizens Advice consumer service provides free, independent help and advice to small businesses on energy issues, including making complaints.

You can contact citizens Advice:

Citizens Advice consumer helpline: 0808 223 1133
Textphone: 18001 0808 223 1133
To contact a Welsh-speaking adviser: 0808 223 1144
Textphone to contact a Welsh-speaking adviser: 18001 0808 223 1144
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Closed on bank holidays

Energy Ombudsman

After 8 weeks, or if you’ve received a deadlock/final position letter and you’re a micro-business customer*, you also have the right to refer your complaint free of charge to the Energy Ombudsman. This is an independent arbitrator that specialises in resolving energy customer complaints.

Where you decide to go to the Ombudsman you must contact them within 12 months of receiving our letter. The ombudsman will only make a decision on the information that has been presented to them on both sides. The Ombudsman will then provide their decision, should you accept their decision, this becomes binding on us.

*A company is considered a ‘micro-business’ if it meets any one of the following criteria:

  • For gas supply agreements with SEFE Energy, it consumes less than 293,071 kWh of gas a year
  • For electricity supply agreements with SEFE Energy, it consumes less than 100,000 kWh electricity a year
  • For gas and/or electricity supply agreements with SEFE Energy, it has fewer than 10 employees and an annual turnover, or annual balance sheet total, of less than €2 million

To raise a complaint with the Ombudsman you will need to fall into the following categories:

  • The complaint is over 8 weeks old and you don’t have an agreed resolution.
  • You’ve received a deadlock letter where we haven’t managed to agree a resolution.
  • The letter will provide what actions have been taken up to this point.

Energy Ombudsman: